» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Washington state has now banned anyone under 21 from buying a semi-automatic assault rifle, effective Wednesday.
- The new measures come as 14,577 were killed from gun-related violence in the US in 2018, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive.
- A spokesperson at the Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility called the new law among the most comprehensive gun-violence prevention measures to pass in the United States.
- Assault rifles are the weapon of choice for mass shooters.
Washington on Tuesday joined a handful of other states that ban anyone under 21 from buying a semi-automatic assault rifle.
The measures come into effect after voters passed a sweeping firearms measure in November that has drawn a court challenge from gun-rights advocates.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- ‘Whatever it takes’: Trump talks shutdown and doubles down on desire for border wall on trip to Iraq
- Shooting suspect in California officer’s death is captured after statewide manhunt
- Trump says ‘big progress’ made in talks on possible trade deal with China