The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network.
Top Rated Products
Loading the page...
- There’s only a little bit of time left to get the highest-ever public sign-up bonus on the main United Airlines credit card.
- The United Explorer Card offers up to 65,000 miles for new applicants: 40,000 United miles after spending $ 2,000 in the first three months, and another 25,000 miles after spending a total of $ 10,000 in the first six months.
- Usually, the card only offers 40,000 miles unless you’re specially targeted for something higher.
- The bonus is enough for a round-trip flight to Europe, or even a ticket in United’s new Polaris business class.
- The offer is only good until January 8; after that, it drops to a lower amount. If you have a use for United miles, now is the time to apply.
The best way to get a ton of frequent flyer miles quickly — aside from booking an incredibly expensive and long flight — is signing up for a new credit card and earning its sign-up bonus. This style of “travel hacking” is basically a way get flights or hotel fees for free; you can get a massive haul of points just for opening a new card and spending money that you were going to spend anyway.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Most people think paying $ 450 a year for a hotel credit card is insane — here’s why I signed up for the Hilton Aspire anyway
- This credit card for foodies offers delicious rewards, but I won’t sign up
- 11 lucrative credit card deals you can get when opening a new card in December — including a 200,000-mile bonus