Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Republicans and some conservative-leaning personalities have been unsettled by President Donald Trump’s nebulous positions on gun control this week.
- The most telling sign of that frustration came after Trump held a televised meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, during which he nodded and agreed with Democratic proposals while outwardly dismissing his Republican colleagues.
- Fox News host Tucker Carlson subtly jabbed Trump about that on Thursday night. Hours later, Trump touted what he called a “great” Oval Office meeting with the NRA.
President Donald Trump has taken some heat this week over his nebulous positions on gun control.
In the weeks after the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting, Trump has, at turns, been sympathetic to student survivors who are demanding action to address gun violence, and he has sought to appease gun-rights proponents who are impervious to calls for reform.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump has shocked and confused conservatives with his open disregard for due process
- Trump’s supporters can’t decide whether he’s flip-flopping on gun control or playing the ‘long game’
- Trump emerges as a moderate on gun control, urging both regulation and respect for Second Amendment