MediaPunch /IPX via AP
- Florida’s midterm elections have descended into chaos.
- The secretary of state ordered recounts in three races Saturday.
- A top election official said Sunday it would be “impossible” to meet the Thursday deadline.
- Political tensions have reached a fever pitch amid baseless claims of voter fraud from Republicans including President Donald Trump.
Florida’s midterm elections descended into chaos over the weekend as three recounts were ordered and baseless claims of voter fraud arose.
Tensions reached a fever pitch after Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner ordered automatic machine recounts for the US Senate, governor, and agricultural commissioner races in an unprecedented move.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Trump once won a lawsuit against the NFL — but the result was an embarrassment
- Trump goes on raging tweetstorm as Florida and Georgia vote counts descend into chaos
- The Florida governor’s race is suddenly a lot closer, and the door is creaking open to a possible recount
- One of the most hotly contested Senate races looks like it could be headed for a recount
SEE ALSO: 7 photos that perfectly capture the history-making wave of women who won on Election Day
DON’T MISS: Behind the scenes of one of the midterms’ biggest upsets — Democrat Max Rose’s defeat of incumbent Republican Dan Donovan on Staten Island