- Artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and self-driving technology are helping the transportation and logistics industry finally transform by cutting costs, optimizing delivery routes, and automating mundane tasks.
- Startups will be the lynchpin of this transformation because they specifically target areas of need with cutting-edge solutions.
- Business Insider Intelligence examined the top 5 startups within five key areas: digital freight services, warehouse robotics, AI for supply chain management, last-mile delivery robotics, and self-driving car software.
Transportation and logistics industries have operated largely the same way for decades. But the surge in e-commerce in the last several years, combined with consumers’ appetite for same-day delivery, has brought us to a tipping point.
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
Business Insider Intelligence
Delivery companies are doing all they can to get orders to customers’ doors as quickly as possible, which has facilitated wholesale changes in how they operate.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- AT&T is launching the US’ first 5G mobile network this Friday — here’s how that will give it an edge over Verizon and T-Mobile
- VR isn’t just for gamers — here’s how Audi, Lowe’s and Macy’s are using it to boost sales and employee training
- Qualcomm’s new line of chipsets and wireless modems nudge the IoT into the mainstream