Samantha Lee/Business Insider
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Netflix drama “Black Mirror” once imagined a world in which tech could be used to recreate the dead. Now, people are working to make that a reality.
- Tech firm Eternime is beta testing an app that will allow users to create a digital “avatar” of themselves after they die.
- Eternime is not the only firm experimenting with AI technology to give people a voice after death.
- Business Insider spoke to four people working in and researching the death tech space. They laid out the benefits and dangers of creating digital alter-egos that live on after you die.
If thousands of years of human storytelling is anything to go by, waking the dead is rarely a good idea. From ancient Greece to “Black Mirror,” fiction tells us that there are drawbacks in summoning loved ones from the grave.
But one tech entrepreneur is working to turn these tales on their head. Marius Ursache wants to make digital copies of the dead.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A Facebook executive says he’s slugging it out with Google in ‘huge battles’ for AI talent
- China created what it claims is the first AI news anchor — watch it in action here
- Amazon’s cloud CEO just pooh-poohed employee concerns about selling its facial-recognition software to ICE and law enforcement