Getty Images; Samantha Lee/Business Insider
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- President Donald Trump’s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty this week.
- It marked the climax of the Cohen controversy.
- Here’s the full timeline of events from it.
President Donald Trump’s former longtime lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty this week to a list of federal crimes as the controversy surrounding him reached a climax.
On Tuesday, Cohen cut a deal with federal prosecutors and pleaded guilty to five counts of tax evasion, one count of making a false statement to a financial institution, and two counts related to campaign-finance violations. Cohen said under oath that Trump directed him to violate campaign-finance laws just before the 2016 presidential election in order to boost his candidacy.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump reportedly won’t comment on McCain while he’s still alive, and repeatedly says he should step down from his Senate seat
- Trump is latching on to a popular right-wing talking point about Michael Cohen that experts say is ‘nonsense’
- New York state prosecutors are said to be weighing criminal charges against the Trump Organization and 2 senior officials