Reuters / Lucas Jackson
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- All three major US indices jumped on what was expected to be a historic Cyber Monday.
- Concerns about the prospect of slowing demand and rising rates have pummeled equities in recent months.
- Follow the US indices in real time here.
Stocks jumped Monday, staging a comeback following a series of sell-offs that had wiped out Wall Street’s 2018 gains last week, as investors waded back into the market on the biggest online-shopping day of the year.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.4%, or more than 350 points. The S&P 500 climbed 1.5% and out of correction territory, while the Nasdaq Composite gained more than 2%. The three major US indices had fallen sharply in recent months on the back of a cocktail of concerns, including the prospect of cooling demand and rising rates.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 4 lottery winners who lost it all
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Buy these 18 high-quality stocks right now to avoid a growth slowdown that will cripple markets in 2019
- Big tech sends stocks spiraling lower as all major US indexes erase their 2018 gains
- Joel Greenblatt’s flagship fund has beaten 99% of competitors over the past 3 years — here’s a peek at his Warren Buffett-inspired ‘magic formula’ that’s crushed the market