US Air National Guard
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Russia has reportedly deployed electronic warfare equipment that is successfully jamming small US military surveillance drones.
- Department of Defense officials speaking to NBC News did not confirm if they lost any of the drones to crashes.
- One official did say that the jamming is having an operational impact on military operations in Syria.
- Russian electronic warfare tactics have been observed in past war zones like Ukraine and have recently shown signs of getting more advanced.
The Russian military has deployed jamming tactics against US drones that have affected the US military’s ability to operate in the region, NBC News reports.
US officials told NBC News that the Russian military has been jamming smaller US drones. The jamming is focused on the GPS systems of drones, which can result in things like the operators not knowing where the drone currently is, to more extreme results like crashes. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- ‘Things are bad and getting worse’: Investigation finds disturbing connection between defense cuts and deadly military aviation accidents
- Trump condemns ‘atrocious’ attack in Syria, says major decision coming within 48 hours
- There’s already talk the US could respond with missile strikes after Trump accused Putin and ‘Animal Assad’ of being behind a chemical attack in Syria