- “I’ll change my name to Amazon Cuomo if that’s what it takes,” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said to reporters on Monday in reference to his determination to land Amazon’s second headquarters, HQ2.
- On Monday evening, The New York Times reported that Amazon is finalizing plans to open HQ2 in Long Island City neighborhood in Queens, New York, as well as Crystal City, Virginia.
- Cities and states have proposed billions of dollars in economic incentives in an effort to woo Amazon into naming them the host of HQ2.
- New York is reportedly still in active talks with Amazon, and the company now plans to split HQ2 between two locations, The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
As the competition for Amazon’s second headquarters heats up, cities and states are getting increasingly desperate to win over the e-commerce giant.
“I’ll change my name to Amazon Cuomo if that’s what it takes,” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo told reporters at an event on Monday, referring to his determination to land Amazon’s second headquarters. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Amazon is reportedly planning on crowning 2 HQ2 winners, with 2 new headquarters in separate locations
- Amazon is launching a new delivery program and hiring thousands of drivers, with a warning against ‘peeing in bottles’
- Amazon is narrowing down its HQ2 contenders, but there reportedly could be multiple winners