Invision/Frank Micelotta via Associated Press
- Illinois officials are refusing to allow a concert hosted by R. Kelly to take place.
- The move follows a slew of sexual misconduct allegations against the R&B star, detailed in the six-part Lifetime documentary series, “Surviving R. Kelly.”
- Kelly has denied all allegations of wrongdoing.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois officials say a concert in Springfield that was to be hosted by R. Kelly cannot take place in the wake of new sexual misconduct allegations against the R&B star.
Illinois Department of Agriculture spokeswoman Denise Albert told the Chicago Tribune that the application for the Spring Break Jam in April was denied Thursday because of security concerns following protests outside Kelly’s Chicago studio this week.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: China made an artificial star that’s 6 times as hot as the sun, and it could be the future of energy
- A cat that went missing 2 months ago in Detroit has been found — in Florida
- The family of the woman who gave birth while in a vegetative state is outraged at the ‘neglect of their daughter’
- Protestors in Paterson, New Jersey are seeking answers in the mysterious death of 27-year-old Jameek Lowery