- “Fortnite” continues to be the biggest game in the world, with tens of millions of monthly players across seven different platforms.
- Even though the game is free, it managed to pull in nearly $ 2.5 billion in 2018, according to Nielsen’s SuperData tracking arm.
- “Fortnite” offers a seasonal Battle Pass, which costs $ 10 and is wildly popular. More than one-third of US players are buying the Battle Pass, according to SuperData.
“Fortnite” continues to dominate the attention of tens of millions of players around the world.
Despite the fact that it’s a free game, “Fortnite” brings in billions of dollars through sales of virtual items, sales of virtual money, and the ever-important seasonal Battle Pass.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: The safest way to walk on ice is to impersonate a penguin — here’s why
- The 5 biggest things to expect from PlayStation in 2019
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just laid out the company’s vision for its ‘Netflix for games’
- The 29 hottest video games you shouldn’t miss in 2019
SEE ALSO: The CEO behind ‘Fortnite’ is now worth over $ 7 billion