Spencer Platt/Getty Images
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
President Donald Trump, Republicans, and administration officials have responded to a second December death of a migrant child in US custody.
In an interview, outgoing White House chief of staff John Kelly said Trump’s “Wall” won’t actually be a wall.
Business Insider spoke to truck drivers pointedly blocking Tesla Superchargers as multiple reports of the trend have surfaced online.
It was the weekend before New Year’s Day 2019, but 2018’s news didn’t stop.
Following the death of a second migrant child in US custody on Christmas Eve, Trump and other officials have given varied responses.
Another trying weekend for Tesla, capping off a tumultuous 2018.
The outgoing White House chief of staff had some new and confusing things to say about the US-Mexico border obstacle formerly known as the “wall.”
And the US military has some difficult numbers to share in its ongoing fight against ISIS.
And now we know the identity of the former Russian spy who acted as Paul Manafort’s go-between with a Russian oligarch who supposedly exchanged his debts for access.
The deaths of two migrant children in US custody at the southern US border prompted renewed tensions over Trump’s immigration policies, while the president again sought to blame Democrats.
Evan Vucci/AP, both
Tensions over the management of US border agencies reached a fever pitch after two migrant children died in US custody in just over two weeks.
There are now rising doubts about the US Customs and Border Patrol agency’s ability to care for the surge of migrant kids and families seeking refuge in the US.
Trump responded to the migrant child deaths by blaming Democrats and immigration policies: ‘If we had a Wall, they wouldn’t even try!’
Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina promised hearings on the children’s deaths and then White House aide Kellyanne Conway doubled down on Trump’s tweet, deepening a scrambled response from the administration
In a wide-ranging interview with the Los Angeles Times, outgoing White House chief of staff John Kelly said there is no actual wall, and the administration’s zero-tolerance immigration policy was a surprise to officials.
Alex Wong/Getty Images
- Outgoing chief of staff John Kelly says Trump’s ‘wall’ won’t actually be a wall: ‘To be honest, it’s not a wall’ On Trump’s long-promised “wall”: “To be honest, it’s not a wall.“
- Outgoing chief of staff John Kelly says Trump’s ‘wall’ won’t actually be a wall: ‘To be honest, it’s not a wall'” Kelly’s comments echo Trump’s recently changing tune, saying it would be more like “fencing,” that was an “artistically designed” set of “steel slats,” not concrete.
- Outgoing chief of staff John Kelly says Trump’s ‘wall’ won’t actually be a wall: ‘To be honest, it’s not a wall’ Kelly said, blaming former Attorney General Jeff Sessions for the administration’s policy that resulted in the separation of hundreds of migrant children from their families, saying “He surprised us.“
Lady Gaga kicked off her Vegas residency “Enigma” at the Park MGM Resort in Las Vegas.
Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
There were keytars, Spongebob comparisons, and multiple flying moments. Check out the photos from opening night.
Lady Gaga broke down in tears as she performed ‘Shallow’ for the first time live at the residency. See the video.
- A Michelin tire expert explains why winter tires are worth the extra cost
- A neuroscience researcher reveals 4 rituals that will make you happier
- If you own an iPhone 6 or later that isn’t holding its charge, now is the time to get your battery replaced