US Air Force
- An Air Force B-2 stealth bomber just completed the first test drop of an advanced nuclear gravity bomb.
- The B-61-12 gravity bomb can penetrate three meters of earth before detonating and dial up a nuclear yield of between 0.3 kilotons and 50 kilotons of devastating power.
- The system has already been already tested on several other delivery platforms, including the F-15E Strike Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon.
The B-61-12 gravity bomb, a GPS-guided behemoth that’s been in development since 2008, can penetrate three meters of earth before detonating and dial up a nuclear yield of between 0.3 kilotons and 50 kilotons of devastating power.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Here’s why the US Men’s team sucks at soccer
- The World War II soldier who fought off 600 Nazis is getting the Medal of Honor
- The Air Force wants to upgrade the legendary B-52 to carry even more weapons — including the ‘mother of all bombs’
- Here’s how the US’s involvement in the Korean War started 68 years ago