You might have noticed a different scenario in your township, city, or country recently in the bike lanes, shared paths, footpaths, and bike lanes. People are riding a comparatively new and immensely popular vehicle known as the e-bike or electric bike.
An escalating majority of Australians are purchasing or hiring e-bikes for themselves. Surprisingly, the statistical numbers of Australian e-bike trades are also appreciable considering the global scenario. The trades are further anticipated to increase twofold than the previous year, in 2021.
Things you should consider before you buy or hire an e-bike:
Here are some tips for you if you’re thinking of purchasing or hiring an e-bike:
- Select your seller intelligently: If you are purchasing an electric bike, the bike shop, and the product both are equally important. You should consider your preferable shop depending on three factors: their commitment towards you, the quality of the e-bike, and the vibe of that place. Your seller must have adequate knowledge about the product. Also, the workers there must be friendly and must assist you in making the right call. It’s also needful to know the average numbers of e-bikes they sell regularly. Also, they must be selling some recognized Australian e-bikes whose detailed information can be readily accessed.
- Evaluate your requirements: Australian e-bikes are styled for different categories of people. Their requirements are also different. If you are looking for a comfortable ride, then a step-through design could be the best choice for you. If you want to climb mountains with your e-bike, the best option is a motor system placed in the middle. Moreover, if you are fascinated to travel to faraway destinations, then a battery-efficient e-bike would be best for you. Considering your requirements will assist you in choosing what qualities are preferable on your electric bike.
- Select the right brand: There are remarkable numbers of Australian brands to select from. Dyson has also recently come into the markets with their brand new e-bike collections. Most of the reputed traditional cycling brands are selling rich qualities of e-bikes. For example, Reid, Giant, Trek, Specialized, etc.
- Don’t neglect test ride: One of the most enjoyable and important steps before buying an Australian e-bike is – test riding. Riding trials of an electric bike lets you differentiate between researched information, customer reviews, and wrong speculations. You can take a decision depending on whether you like the features, whether it’s capable of riding hills in your preferred way, or whether it suits your expectations. You can also personally check its functioning and its qualities.
- Know about the legal limitations: You can ride an Australian e-bike of 250 watts motor up to a maximum speed of 25km/hour in Australia. So, before riding the e-bike, make sure you are following the legal limitation.
- Select among your affordable options: While considering affordability, you can opt for some Australian electric bike shops that provide options of purchasing or hiring in installment. You should also keep an update about the availability and cost of the products. Also, check for the price drops or rises at different time intervals. Besides, if you purchase an insurance plan for your e-bike, check whether it covers mechanical injury or theft. Sometimes, your home insurance plans also provide coverage for personal vehicles. But if not, invest and make some wise considerations. And maintain a decent lock system in your bike.
It may seem like a lot of information, but honestly, there are several options. But, only some of them would be able to match your expectations. This is because not all e-bikes are designed in equally creative methods. Deciding on what bike to buy or hire isn’t an easy choice. So, think wisely before choosing Australian ebikes for yourself.