This is a preview of The Podcast Report from Business Insider Intelligence. Current subscribers can read the report here.
- The number of US podcast consumers has more than doubled in the past decade — and there’s still a long runway for growth.
- And the podcast listenership base continues to grow in the US amid declines in consumption of other premium ad environments.
- Entertainers, music streaming platforms, and smart speakers will play a role in furthering podcast listenership growth throughout the next five years.
Are your social circles and online feeds always buzzing with everyone’s latest podcast obsession? The number of US podcast consumers has more than doubled over the last decade. And by 2023, Business Insider Intelligence estimates there will be some 106 million regular podcast listeners in the US.
Business Insider IntelligenceSee the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Examining the media opportunities in sports betting
- Political trolls are invading LinkedIn
- TikTok is gaining steam in the US