- Vice Admiral Scott Stearney, the US Navy admiral overseeing American naval forces in the Middle East, has been found dead at his residence in Bahrain.
- Foul play was not suspected in his death.
- The Navy did not specify the cause of death.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The US Navy admiral overseeing American naval forces in the Middle East has been found dead at his residence in Bahrain, the Navy said on Saturday, adding that foul play was not suspected.
Vice Admiral Scott Stearney, a Chicago native, was the commander of the US Navy’s Bahrain-based 5th Fleet. The Navy did not specify the cause of death.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- 10 dead after gunmen attack UK security compound in Afghanistan
- Mattis: There’s ‘no smoking gun’ tying Saudi crown prince to brutal Khashoggi murder
- Here’s how the Navy says it plans to fix its submarine shortage