Qatar ‘open’ to US-hosted talks over Gulf crisis

Qatar’s ruler has said he is ready for US-hosted direct talks aimed at solving the diplomatic crisis in the Gulf, Reuters reports. Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani told CBS News he wanted an end to the dispute, which pits Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt against Qatar. “If they [are] going to walk one meter toward me, I’m willing to walk 10,000 miles towards them,” he said. On Sunday, the foreign minister of Bahrain called for freezing Qatar’s membership of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to preserve its unity. Bahrain also warned it will not attend the upcoming GCC summit if Qatar does not change its stance.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)

RT – Daily news

Post Author: martin

Martin is an enthusiastic programmer, a webdeveloper and a young entrepreneur. He is intereted into computers for a long time. In the age of 10 he has programmed his first website and since then he has been working on web technologies until now. He is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of BriefNews.eu and PCHealthBoost.info Online Magazines. His colleagues appreciate him as a passionate workhorse, a fan of new technologies, an eternal optimist and a dreamer, but especially the soul of the team for whom he can do anything in the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.