Photo courtesy of NBA G League
- Zeke Upshaw, an NBA G League player for the Grand Rapids Drive, has died after he collapsed near the end of a recent game.
- Upshaw’s mother released a statement revealing that he passed away this morning.
- No details have been released yet on the cause of death.
Zeke Upshaw, an NBA G League player for the Grand Rapids Drive who collapsed during the final seconds of a game on Saturday evening, has now passed away, the team revealed through a statement from Upshaw’s mother.
Statement from Jewel Upshaw, Zeke’s mother: “After continued efforts from the medical team at Spectrum Health, Zeke made his transition at 11:16 am. To family, friends, teammates, coaches, fans & confidants, thank you for your prayers and support during this most difficult time. pic.twitter.com/1AutFtIFwU
Upshaw was playing in a game against the Long Island Nets when, according to Peter J. Wallner of MLive, with about 40 seconds left in the game, Upshaw, who was playing defense, collapsed onto the court untouched and onto his stomach. He was later taken to Spectrum Health Hospital. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Former Cavs GM says LeBron James could be on the cusp of his greatest accomplishment yet, and it would be ‘unprecedented’
- The NBA world increasingly believes that the Rockets can challenge what seemed like a foregone conclusion — the Warriors winning it all
- Woman who accused the Dallas Mavericks of a hostile work environment has come forward and rips Mark Cuban for his response