» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- US President Donald Trump made waves on Tuesday by abruptly firing former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and choosing CIA director Mike Pompeo for the spot.
- Trump said that Tillerson’s departure had much to do with his views on the Iran nuclear deal.
- Pompeo, like Trump, has a tougher approach to Iran, leaving some experts to believe the US may soon end the deal while others think it’s all rhetoric.
- At the very least, Pompeo’s appointment will provide a unified front on Trump’s foreign policy message.
With President Donald Trump’s decision to swap out Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for CIA director Mike Pompeo, the status quo in the Middle East could quickly disappear.
Tillerson had been known to tow a cautious line in his foreign policy approach, leading many to criticize his ineffectiveness, but Pompeo has been much more vocal on his hardline approach to global policies, particularly regarding Iran.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Mike Pompeo may not be able to fix the State Department that Rex Tillerson leaves behind
- Trump says he fired Tillerson due to a disagreement over the Iran deal
- Trump replaced Tillerson, a realist, with Pompeo, a hawk — and it could set up confrontation with North Korea