Barron County Sheriff’s Department via AP, Barron County Sheriff’s Department/Facebook
- Jayme Closs, 13, has been found alive in rural Wisconsin nearly three months after a man allegedly murdered her parents and kidnapped her.
- Former kidnapping victims Elizabeth Smart and Katie Beers said Jayme has a long, challenging healing process ahead of her.
- They said the best way for people to handle Jayme is to give her time and space to discuss her trauma on her own terms.
CHICAGO (AP) — Katie Beers’ joy quickly turned to deep concern when she learned 13-year-old Jayme Closs had been found alive in rural Wisconsin nearly three months after police say a man shot and killed her parents then abducted the girl from their home.
“She is going to have to grieve the loss of her parents and also come to terms with the fact she was abducted, escaped and whatever (other) hell she went through,” said Beers. “And it’s not going to be easy.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: This tiny building in Wilmington, Delaware is home to 300,000 businesses
- Jayme Closs, the 13-year-old Wisconsin girl who went missing after her parents were killed, is found alive
- The man suspected of kidnapping Jayme Closs killed her parents so he could get to her, investigators say
- The man suspected of kidnapping Jayme Closs and murdering her parents is a 21-year-old who grew up an hour from the teen’s family