Black Seeds and OilSource: https://www.pexels.com/photo/black-seeds-fresh-flowers-a-bottle-and-a-mortar-3621234/
Description: Sun damage is difficult – but not impossible – to reverse. But most anti-aging is even more harmful to our skin than doing nothing at all. The best anti-aging products are all-natural, and even better, they improve our overall health too! Read the full post for more.
Skin aging is unfortunately inevitable, but there are ways in which we can not only treat it but also prevent premature aging. These anti-aging strategies are not only good for your skin, but they are also good for your overall health too!
How to Take Care of Your Skin
The first and most important thing to consider is your skin type. It is best to speak to a dermatologist or beautician who can analyze your skin and recommend products that suit your skin. Using the wrong products for your skin will not give you the results you are after, and it could also harm your skin.
Have you heard the saying that you can’t use cheap products and expect quality results? Don’t go through your adolescent years, ignoring good advice only to wind up with the same skin issues and loads of wasted money later. Investing in a good care routine and good products as early as possible is the best thing you’ll ever do for your skin, and you won’t spend your later adult years trying to fix the damage you did in your adolescence.
What Is The Best Skincare Routine?
Finding the best skincare routine is a tricky process. Each person’s skin is unique and responds differently to certain ingredients. Ideally, it should include fragrance-free, natural products, or products with as few chemicals as possible. Harsh chemicals may get rid of your acne, but they will also damage your skin and age it prematurely.
It is best to use natural skincare products as they contain few chemicals and are relatively gentle on your skin. BUT, some ingredients may still be too harsh for some skin types. Using astringent ingredients (they strip your skin of oils, such as lemon juice and clay masks) can be damaging if the rest of your skincare routine does not account for using such harsh ingredients.
As a general rule of thumb, be as gentle as you can with your skin. Less is more, don’t over-exfoliate your skin or use masks every few days. It may be tempting to “give your skin extra TLC” when it is breaking out or becoming irritated, but in this instance, steer clear of your instincts! A gentle face wash, moisturizer, and sunscreen are all that is necessary and should be the basis of your skincare routine. This is also the best preventative anti-aging strategy you could implement.
CBD Oil for Skincare
There are whole ranges of beauty products that are infused with CBD oil, but even more beneficial are CBD skincare products.
CBD oil is packed with antioxidants and helps to repair skin cells and promote collagen production. It also has anti-inflammatory and cell-regenerative properties. Not to mention, it is incredibly moisturizing! It promotes blood flow, so skin is better supplied with nutrients and pollutants, and toxins are removed quickly. To learn more about CBD products and how they work, visit Pure CBD Geek.
We all want healthier and more youthful-looking skin, but there are plenty of harmful chemicals and sales gimmicks in the skincare world. So what is the best way to prevent skin aging and treat already aged skin?
Unfortunately, there’s no miracle product. It all boils down to lifestyle choices and a good skincare routine. While it is easier to prevent rather than treat aged skin, it’s never too late to start making better care choices. Some of these tips can even reverse existing damage!
Our Top Anti-Aging Tips:
- Wear sunscreen EVERY day –the sun is the primary cause of visible skin-aging and is difficult to reverse. If you are using treatments on your skin, it is doubly important to wear sunscreen, as these treatments (especially retinoids and vitamin A) make your skin particularly sensitive and prone to sun damage.
- Avoid tanning – use fake tan instead – By tanning, not only are you damaging and aging your skin, you are risking skin cancer.
- Wear sunglasses outside – when the sun is in your eyes, you end up squinting, which eventually leads to wrinkles.
- Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates – they accelerate the aging process!
- Limit alcohol consumption – because it dehydrates the skin.
- Get enough rest – try to sleep at least 8 hours a night – it prevents the pouches under your eyes.
- Use a gentle face wash twice a day – in the morning and evening
- Moisturize EVERY day – By not moisturizing, you are depriving your skin of the moisture it needs. The skin’s sebaceous glands then produce MORE oil to counteract this.
- Use an eye cream –the best anti-aging eye cream should contain: retinol (anti-aging benefits) or neuropeptides (gentler than retinol but same benefits), hyaluronic acid (super moisturizing, plumps up under-eye skin), alpha-lipoic acid (a powerhouse of an antioxidant!), PPC (moisturizing), caffeine or green tea (reduces puffiness and dark circles).
Natural Anti-Aging Remedies You Can Apply Straight onto Your Skin:
➔ Papaya – high in carotene and vitamin C, which acts as a natural exfoliant and moisturizer. It is primarily used to reduce the appearance of age spots by lightening the skin.
➔ Honey – has anti-bacterial properties, which makes it a great treatment for acne!
➔ Avocado – contains vitamins A, B, D, and E, potassium, healthy fats, and natural oils. Avocado is also incredibly moisturizing and is great for treating irritated, dry, or sensitive skin.
➔ CBD oil – packed with antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory and helps to repair skin cells. It also promotes collagen production, which improves overall skin health, thickening it, and improving elasticity and texture – essentially making it one of the best anti-aging products!
➔ Green tea – has antioxidants to reduce inflammation and promotes DNA to repair UV damage.
There are plenty of options when it comes to anti-aging treatment, but you have to consult with a dermatologist or beauty consultant for advice on the best products to use. Because different ingredients target different problems on the skin – you want to be sure that you are using the right formulas for your skin type.
Did you learn something new about anti-aging strategies from reading this post? Which tip is your favorite? Let us know in the comments.
Author’s Bio: LaBonte is an Australian blogger who specializes in the skincare industry. Over the years, he has learned valuable tips and tricks from experts that he preaches to anyone who will listen. Facials and writing are some of his favorite things to do!