ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- The wife of Meng Hongwei, the former Interpol chief who disappeared and abruptly “resigned” from his post, says she received a call from Chinese agents threatening her safety.
- Speaking to Associated Press, Grace Meng said a mysterious Chinese caller told her: “We’ve come in two work-teams, two work-teams just for you.”
- She says the man claimed he knew where she was. The threatening call prompted authorities to place her under police protection.
- She told AP that speaking publicly about her husband’s fate risks retaliation from China and puts her “in great danger.”
The wife of Meng Hongwei, the former Interpol chief who disappeared and abruptly “resigned” from his post, says she received a call from Chinese agents threatening her safety.
Speaking to Associated Press on Monday from a hotel in Lyon, France where she lives, Grace Meng says she had just put her two boys to bed when a mysterious call came through on her cell phone. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 7 outdoor adventures that are worth the hike
- China says it detained missing Interpol chief over bribery allegations as wife claims ‘political persecution’
- The head of Interpol has reportedly vanished after going to China
- ‘We will not stand down’: White House warns China after their latest clash with the US Navy in the South China Sea