Pool/Andrew Harrer via Getty Images
- Former FBI Director James Comey described how uncomfortable he was in his first public encounter with President Donald Trump.
- Comey said he actively tried to blend in to the curtains in the White House’s Blue Room in a futile attempt to not be singled out for a photo with the new president.
- Comey’s wife described the look as he walked to meet Trump as “Jim’s ‘oh s–t face.'”
- To avoid a hug with the president in front of the media, Comey said he tensed his abs and core, but the cameras managed to photograph what looked to be a kiss from Trump.
- Comey said he believes Trump used the moment to try to establish his dominance.
James Comey revealed new details about an early public encounter between himself and President Donald Trump that illustrates how the former FBI director felt ill-at-ease about his interactions with the president.
In an interview with ABC’s “20/20” that aired on Sunday evening, Comey explained how he didn’t want to attend and actively tried to avoid Trump during a reception for law-enforcement leaders the day after the president’s inauguration.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- ‘That’s crazy, how could that be?’: Comey describes what he felt right after finding out he’d been fired
- Comey: Trump is ‘morally unfit to be president’
- Trump lashes out again at ‘slimeball,’ ‘slippery’ Comey, suggests he should go to jail