Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- March Madness history was made as Virginia became the first 1-seed to ever lose to a 16-seed.
- The game was tied at halftime, but Maryland-Baltimore County exploded in the second half and won by 20.
- After the game, UVA head coach Tony Bennett put the game in proper perspective, calling it a “butt whippin’.”
The impossible has happened!
For the first time in 136 tries, a 16-seed beat a 1-seed in the NCAA Tournament as Maryland-Baltimore County took down Virginia and busted a lot of brackets in the process.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Michael Jordan’s legendary North Carolina NCAA championship team
- 98-year-old team chaplain can’t enter March Madness pools because of the NCAA
- The most popular Cinderella picks in NCAA Tournament brackets