Rick Loomis/Getty Images
- President Donald Trump has made the reduction of the US trade deficit one of the key measures of success in his trade fights with China, the European Union, and Canada.
- According to new data, the US trade deficit is growing, despite Trump’s tariffs.
- The deficits between the US and Trump’s main trade adversaries are also growing.
President Donald Trump is losing his trade wars — at least according to his own measure of success.
The president repeatedly mentions the US trade deficit when talking about trade fights with China, the European Union, and Canada. In negotiations with China, Trump’s major request was for a massive reduction in the bilateral trade deficit.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Trump threatens to double down on his trade war with China — and the fight could be about to get ugly
- Concern about Trump’s trade war has ‘spiked tremendously’ among America’s largest companies
- The Trump administration is backing down on one of its tariffs, and it’s a big win for the newspaper industry