Trump administration says it will keep a tent city holding more than 2,000 migrant teenagers open through early 2019

migrant tentMike Blake/Reuters

  • The US will keep a tent city holding more than 2,000 migrant teenagers open through early 2019.
  • The Tornillo facility in Texas, which originally housed up to 360 children, was later expanded to hold some 2,300 largely Central American boys and girls between the ages of 13 and 17 in more than 150 canvas tents.
  • It was originally scheduled to close on December 31.

The Trump administration says it will keep a tent city holding more than 2,000 migrant teenagers open through early 2019.

The announcement was made Wednesday about the Tornillo facility, which opened in June in an isolated corner of the Texas desert for up to 360 children.

See the rest of the story at Business Insider

NOW WATCH: 7 things you shouldn’t buy on Black Friday

See Also:

SEE ALSO: MSNBC host says the US is facing another government shutdown because right-wing media ‘scared’ Trump

Post Author: martin

Avatar
Martin is an enthusiastic programmer, a webdeveloper and a young entrepreneur. He is intereted into computers for a long time. In the age of 10 he has programmed his first website and since then he has been working on web technologies until now. He is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of BriefNews.eu and PCHealthBoost.info Online Magazines. His colleagues appreciate him as a passionate workhorse, a fan of new technologies, an eternal optimist and a dreamer, but especially the soul of the team for whom he can do anything in the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.