» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Discord is the world’s largest chat platform for gaming, with more than 200 million users.
- The company is now valued at more than $ 2 billion after raising $ 150 million in a new round of funding. It was last valued at $ 1.65 billion as recently as this summer.
- Recently, Discord’s ambitions have expanded into selling games, as it gears up to take on the leading Steam PC gaming platform, as well as Epic Games — the new online storefront from the creators of “Fortnite.”
- In its time, Discord has also courted controversy: White supremacist groups reportedly used the platform in 2017 to plan the infamous “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville.
Discord, the most popular group chat program for video gamers, is now valued at $ 2.05 billion after raising $ 150 million in a new funding round, it announced on Friday. The round was led by Greenoaks Capital and also includes participation from Firstmark, Tencent, IVP, Index Ventures, and Technology Opportunity Partners.
Since its launch in 2015, Discord has drawn in more than 200 million users worldwide. The chat program offers a variety of impressive features for free, and lets users create and customize their own voice and text chat channels. It’s become one of the premiere places for online communities to gather. The company was last valued at $ 1.65 billion in a funding round earlier this year. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A major new ‘core’ Pokémon game is being made for Nintendo Switch, and it’s set to arrive in 2019. Here’s everything we know so far
- One of the most anticipated games of the decade has leaked over a month early, and outraged fans are trying to punish the person they think did it
- Teens are putting ‘Fortnite’ virtual money ‘V-Bucks’ at the top of their holiday wish lists