- The suicide rate in the US jumped 30% from 2000 to 2016, according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The rise was especially large among young girls from 10 to 14, but it went up for females in every age group and for all men under 75.
The suicide rate among females increased 50%, while the rate for males increased 21%.
- Suicide is now the second leading cause of death for all Americans from ages 10 to 34.
- Anthony Bourdain’s death is part of a disturbing trend in the US that’s getting much worse
- The suicide rate has risen 28% in the US in less than 20 years, according to new data
- Kate Spade’s death is part of a disturbing trend in the US that’s getting worse