AP Photo/Evan Vucci
- The Trump administration is signing off on selling more than $ 1.3 billion in artillery to Saudi Arabia.
- The package includes about 180 Paladin howitzer systems, which fire 155mm shells.
- The US has raised concerns previously about heavy civilian casualties caused by the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen.
The Trump administration is signing off on selling more than $ 1.3 billion in artillery to Saudi Arabia as Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman visits the United States.
The State Department says the administration told Congress on Thursday that it plans to approve the sale. Lawmakers will have 30 days to act if they want to try to stop it.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Iran reverse-engineered an American anti-aircraft missile and is sending them to Houthi rebels in Yemen
- The missile defense system that the US and its allies rely on fails just about everywhere it’s used
- US service member killed in rare roadside bomb attack in Syria