@Spurs / Twitter
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- The San Antonio Spurs traded beleaguered superstar Kawhi Leonard away to the Toronto Raptors along with Danny Green in exchange for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, and a 2019 pick.
- After the deal was made official, the Spurs sent both Leonard and Green off with farewell posts from the team’s official Twitter account.
- Some fans on social media noted the subtle difference between the goodbyes, and believed them to be a shot at Leonard.
After months of ongoing drama that became one of the oddest stories of the NBA season, Kawhi Leonard and the San Antonio Spurs have gone their separate ways, with Leonard and teammate Danny Green being traded to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, and a 2019 pick.
Leonard, who not long ago was in the MVP conversation for his brilliant two-way play and the heir-apparent to Tim Duncan as the next Spurs-lifer, left the team on what could be generously described as contentious terms, after sitting out all but nine games of the 2017-18 season due to injury, and ongoing disputes with team doctors about the severity of those injuries.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: What it takes to be a World Cup referee
- Kawhi Leonard reportedly hasn’t taken a physical with the Raptors, and it leaves a major plot point hanging over the blockbuster trade
- The Raptors are suddenly all-in on a 1-year window after 3 straight years of being embarrassed by LeBron James
- Kawhi Leonard traded to the Raptors for DeMar DeRozan and both players are seemingly not happy about it