» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- The PlayStation Classic is a miniature version of the original 1996 console — Sony’s response to the wildly successful NES Classic and Super NES Classic released by Nintendo.
- Sony released the PlayStation Classic on December 3 for $ 99, with 20 built-in games included.
- Less than a month later, the PlayStation Classic is already seeing discounts of 40% at major retailers, bringing its price down to $ 60, perhaps suggesting that the retro console has been less successful than anticipated at the original price point.
- While the response to the PlayStation Classic has been underwhelming, retro-gaming fans have found interesting ways to put the console’s hardware to use.
The PlayStation Classic is considered one of the most underwhelming video-game releases of 2018, disappointing fans with a lackluster list of built-in games and subpar technology. Now, perhaps in an effort to goose sales, the PlayStation Classic seems to have already gotten a price drop at most major retailers — from $ 99 to $ 60.
You can snag it at Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart. Other retailers have similar deals, too. We’ve reached out to Sony to see if the price drop is permanent and will update if we hear back. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 5 biggest things to expect from PlayStation in 2019
- There’s one thing every parent should do before gifting a video game console
- Why is the guy who played Carlton on ‘Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’ suing the makers of ‘Fortnite’? The lawyer behind the lawsuit explains.