- The “Fearless Girl” statue, a symbol of female can-do business spirit, has been removed from her spot opposite Wall Street’s “Charging Bull.”
- The statue will move to a location in front of the New York Stock Exchange by the end of this year, said officials.
- State Street Global Advisors placed the statue opposite Wall Street’s iconic “Charging Bull” statue in March 2017 as part of its campaign to pressure companies to add more women to their boards.
- New York City extended the temporary installation permit of the girl until this year, upsetting the sculptor of the “Charging Bull.”
The “Fearless Girl” statue, a symbol of female can-do business spirit, has been plucked from her spot opposite Wall Street’s “Charging Bull” and is on the move to its new home in front of the New York Stock Exchange, officials said Wednesday.
The sculpture of a defiant-looking young girl has been removed from her original location at Bowling Green in preparation for her reinstallation, said State Street Global Advisors, the world’s third-largest asset manager that installed the statue last year. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Share your opinion — become a BI Insider!
- We tried Conor McGregor’s new whiskey — and it’s just as bad as you’d expect
- 12 clever ways to save money every day, according to financial experts