» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- Porsche built a single brand-new 993-generation 911 Turbo dubbed Project Gold.
- The 993 was the last generation of the Porsche 911 sports car to be powered by air-cooled engines.
- The Project Gold Porsche 911 will be powered by a 450 horsepower, twin-turbocharged flat-six from the 993 Turbo S.
- Porsche will auction off the Project Gold 911 in October with proceeds going to charity.
The air-cooled Porsche 911 Turbo remains one of the all-time great sports cars two decades after the last one rolled out of the company’s plant in Stuttgart, Germany. The 993, the final generation of the 911 to use air-cooled engines, remains one of the most sought-after Porsches in the world. With two-decade-old 911 Turbos fetching upwards of $ 200,000.
Now, Porsche is bringing back its old warhorse for one more tour of duty to celebrate the sports car maker’s 70th anniversary. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Audi just gave us a look at its 764 horsepower electric sports car of the future and it’s absolutely dazzling
- BMW just unveiled its long-awaited Z4 sports car and it’s beautiful
- Every bizarre thing that has happened since Elon Musk sent his ‘funding secured’ tweet about taking Tesla private