Clive Mason/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- The past year had a lot of breathtaking sports to offer.
- Between the Winter Olympics, the World Cup, and thrilling NBA and NFL seasons, it was quite a year for sports and sports photography.
- Whether capturing an important moment or simply a moment of beauty, great sports photography gives us a new perspective on athletes we love to watch.
The past year was a great one for sports.
Things started with a bang, with an epic Super Bowl and an enthralling Winter Olympics. From there, we journeyed through the NBA playoffs, and the summer brought us World Cup we’ll never forget.
After spending the dog days of summer watching baseball, football season was back before we could blink. With it came historically high-powered offenses and a brand new slate of rookies ready to change the league.
Through it all, some of the best photographers alive were there to cover it and produce some astounding images.
Take a look below at some of the best sports photographs of 2018.
Rory McIlroy finds himself in a predicament amongst Augusta National’s iconic foliage during the third round of the Masters.
Read more: The 55 best photos from the 2018 Masters
Boxer Paddy Barnes makes his way to the ring.
Charles McQuillan/Getty Images
The Philadelphia Eagles walk out on to the field prior to their NFC Championship game against the Minnesota Vikings.
Al Bello/Getty Images
- The 95 most candid photos of Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince William, and Kate Middleton from 2017 and 2018
- Trump just signed a law that could spark a boom for the $ 1 billion marijuana-linked CBD industry
- Heartwarming story reveals how a chance encounter led to an unlikely friendship between NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley and cat litter scientist Lin Wang