Getty Images / Mario Tama
» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- The US yield curve has been flattening over recent months.
- Risk of inversion, a key recession signal, rises as the curve flattens.
- The 1969-70 recession can offer us a look at what today’s yield curve movements might mean.
The persistent flattening of the U.S. yield curve has investors scratching their heads–and searching for historical parallels. The recession of 1969-70 is one worth considering.
NOW WATCH: What humans will look like on Mars
- Corporate debt will cause a repeat of the 2008 meltdown
- The dollar could be headed for a correction
- The 2020’s could be the worst decade in US history