- Elon Musk said SpaceX is building a “test hopper” vehicle in Texas that could launch by March or April.
- The vehicle is a squat version of a full-scale Starship spaceship — one that’s being designed to reach Mars as part of the Big Falcon Rocket system.
- Photos taken by locals in Boca Chica, Texas (where SpaceX is building a launch site) show what appears to be the outline of a spaceship coming together.
Elon Musk logged on to Twitter this weekend to deliver a veritable sleigh full of gifts to fans of his rocket company, SpaceX, in time for Christmas.
Musk was waiting for SpaceX’s 21st (and record-breaking) rocket launch of the year on Saturday when he revealed that construction of a prototype for a Mars spaceship, called Starship, is now underway at the company’s Texas launch site.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Humanity’s coolest achievements in spaceflight since Apollo 8, from walking on the moon to touching interstellar space
- Elon Musk may raise nearly $ 1.3 billion for SpaceX before 2018 is over. He’ll likely spend that money on 2 epic projects.
- A pink dwarf planet named ‘Farout’ is the most distant object that astronomers have ever discovered within the solar system