» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Cristiano Ronaldo is up-and-running in the Serie A goalscoring charts.
- But the Portuguese striker’s greatest work is arguably being done away from the pitch.
- This is because shares in Juventus have doubled since his arrival. The club’s market capitalisation is now €1.5 billion ($ 1.75 billion).
- But this is probably just the beginning as the club looks to increase broadcasting revenue, sponsorship revenue, and attract a global audience.
- Fans only care about one thing, though. Success. Specifically: success in the Champions League.
- Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri warned that the Champions League is “difficult” but also said that with Ronaldo in the team, they are far more likely to win it.
- Read all of Business Insider’s coverage for the 2018-2019 soccer season right here.
Cristiano Ronaldo has officially opened his goalscoring account at new club Juventus FC.
After three matches without a Serie A goal, Ronaldo ended his mini-drought on Sunday when he struck twice against Sassuolo and was rewarded with a score of 8.54 out of 10 by data-crunching soccer website Whoscored.com — his best performance in a Juventus jersey to date.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- The 21 most valuable soccer players on the planet right now
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores 500th goal on unreal roundhouse kick that was so good even opposing fans were cheering
- These are the trends creating new winners and losers in the card-processing ecosystem