Matthias Hangst/Getty Images
- German Madrazo was the last man to cross the finish line in the men’s 15 kilometer cross-country event at the Winter Olympics.
- Several other competitors, including the shirtless Tongan Pita Taufatofua, greeted Madrazo at the finish line, giving him a hero’s welcome.
- After the race, Madrazo compared his reception to that of a World Cup athlete, only better.
German Madrazo was the last man across the finish line in the men’s 15km cross-country event at the Winter Olympics, but you wouldn’t know it by his reception at the end of the race.
A full 23 minutes after Dario Cologna of Switzerland had secured his second straight gold medal in the event, Madroza re-entered the arena that housed the start and finsh line to complete his run in just under an hour’s time.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- German 2-man bobsleigh team crashes through finish line and into first place
- Beer company Red Stripe bought the Jamaican bobsled team’s $ 50,000 sled so that they wouldn’t lose it when their coach left the Olympics
- American wins shocking silver medal in speed skating when a crash left just 2 skaters standing on the final lap
DON’T MISS: The rest of our Winter Olympics coverage