Maddie Meyer/Getty Images
- New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has backed out of a deal to become the next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.
- McDaniels changed his mind after several assistant coaches had already signed deals and moved to Indianapolis to work on his coaching staff.
- The entire scenario may have hurt McDaniels’ future head coaching hopes, at least any outside of New England.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Indianapolis Colts announced they had hired New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to be their next head coach with a press conference scheduled for Wednesday.
Several hours later, the deal was off and now some assistant coaches are stuck in a new job without a head coach.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels spurns Colts’ head coaching job he’d already taken after Patriots sweeten his contract
- 2 photos sum up Tom Brady’s heartbreaking night after Super Bowl heroics fall short
- Rob Gronkowski was non-committal about his NFL future when asked about rumors he may consider retiring