- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo promoted his new Instagram account with the term “#swagger” on Monday.
- Pompeo adopted the description for himself months ago, when he touted his goal to bring “swagger” back to the State Department.
- The term is officially dead (again).
The term “swag” was re-declared dead among political observers online on Monday after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo garnished his new Instagram account with an mock-up version of the official State Department seal that featured the term “swagger” in it.
Merriam-Webster describes swagger as “stylish confidence.” Pompeo adopted the description for himself months ago, when he touted his goal to bring “swagger” back to the State Department. He arrived shortly after his predecessor, Rex Tillerson, was unceremoniously fired in a tweet from President Donald Trump.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Your opinion is important – Join BI Insiders program
- All the Trump officials who have publicly denied writing the anonymous New York Times op-ed
- Mike Pence’s office takes rare step of publicly denying he was author of New York Times op-ed amid wild speculation