» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Sears is closing at least 11 stores ahead of the holidays, including six Sears stores and five Kmart stores.
- Layoffs at one Kmart store in Poughskeepie, New York, which employs 71 people, will begin December 23, according to a company filing.
- Sears has been closing hundreds of stores and selling off assets following years of crippling sales declines.
Sears is quietly closing another round of stores ahead of the holidays, with some layoffs set to begin two days before Christmas.
The latest store closings include at least six Sears stores and five Kmart stores, according to company filings. Most of the closings will occur in November and December.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: 3 surprising ways humans are still evolving
- Amazon is getting rid of a pay practice many employees hated as part of its $ 15-an-hour wage increase
- Amazon just intensified the war against Walmart
- Amazon just gave the clearest signal yet it’s trying to save its reputation after attacks from all sides