- Scientists may have just come closer to answering questions about whether other planets in the universe may be able to support life.
- The researchers used data on the UV levels required to make the molecular structures needed within a functioning cell.
- The team used this data to search for planets receiving similar UV levels from stars nearby, and have narrowed down the possibilities to two planets outside of our solar system.
Are we alone in the universe? What prerequisites are there for supporting life on another planet? Are there any other planets out there that fit the bill?See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Everything wrong with the iPhone
- Your brain is wired to be prejudiced towards strangers — but psychologists say there’s a way to trick yourself out of it
- Astronomers have detected an intense and mysterious radio signal coming from space — and they have no idea what caused it
- Veganism may be unsustainable in the future, according to new research