Peabody Awards / YouTube
- Salon is mining cryptocurrency via the web browser of any reader who refuses to turn off their adblocker.
- The liberal web magazine is being totally upfront about it, and readers have a choice: They can turn their adblockers off.
- This is a cunning solution to the problem of people who think the web should be free.
- The web isn’t free, duh.
Salon, the liberal, San Francisco-based web magazine, has a new adblocking policy: Either turn off your adblocker to read the site, or you can keep it and let Salon take the unused computing power on your machine to mine cryptocurrency.
The decision is, needless to say, controversial.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- How to make money mining bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies without knowing anything about it
- I’ve started to mine cryptocurrency, and it’s surprisingly easy — but I’m still 8 months away from breaking even
- I’m not buying Apple’s HomePod for two main reasons