- Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that Sergei Skripal, a former double agent poisoned in Britain, had betrayed the motherland.
- “He was simply a spy. A traitor to the motherland. He’s simply a scumbag, that’s all,” Putin said, in remarks that drew applause from parts of the audience.
- Putin also dismissed the allegation that Russia was responsible for the accidental poisoning of Dawn Sturgess, a Salisbury-area woman who British police said died after coming into contact with the nerve agent Novichok.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that a former double agent poisoned in Britain had betrayed the motherland, calling Sergei Skripal a scumbag.
Former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were found slumped on a public bench in the English city of Salisbury in March. Britain says they were poisoned with a nerve agent administered by Russian intelligence officers.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Boeing just won a contract worth up to $ 9 billion to build the Air Force’s new training plane
- ‘We’re going to take care of Venezuela’: Trump says he’s willing to meet with Maduro, but ‘all options are on the table’ for Venezuela
- A court ruling may force 2 ‘stubborn neighbors’ in South America to renegotiate the end of a 134-year-old war