The new PUBG Xbox One update was released earlier today, meaning less disruption for fans in the UK.
Coming in the middle of the night, the new Battlegrounds patch was originally launched to sort out one very annoying bug.
This problem was so severe, it was causing in-game issues that were undermining the core experience for some players.
This should have now been fixed with the new PUBG update, which comes with a few other performance enhancements.
A message from Bluehole Inc. confirms: “As part of that update, we have decided to include some additional performance and gameplay improvements, as well as a new controller option.
“We want to thank our community for the continued feedback and look forward to the discussion that the changes below bring.”
One of the most notable changes that players will find straight away is that Pistols have been removed from Y button’s weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
However, other optimisation changes have also been made to the game and can be found in full in the patch notes below.
Bluehole have also identified two other changes that are being worked on for a future build of the game.
These Battlegrounds bug fixes include:
- Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
- User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.
PUBG XBOX ONE PATCH NOTES:
- Pistols have been removed from Y button’s weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
- Players can now equip pistols by pressing ‘up’ on the D pad.
- Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
- Enhanced server performance while parachuting.
- Added a new controller preset to options menu.
- Type B (new preset) now supports:
- Holding LT to aim down sight.
- Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
- Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.
- Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
- Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
- Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.