Alex Wong/Getty Images
- Protesters chanted and shouted at Kirstjen Nielsen, the secretary of Homeland Security, as she sat at a Mexican restaurant in Washington, DC, on Tuesday evening.
- Nielsen was apparently dining at the restaurant when protesters appeared near her table and began shouting slogans including “Shame, shame.”
- At Washington’s Trump Hotel another protest demonstration had loudspeakers set up that were playing audio of children crying in a US detention facility, ahead of a speech by President Donald Trump on Tuesday evening.
Protesters heckled Kirstjen Nielsen, the US Homeland Security secretary, on Tuesday as she sat at a Mexican restaurant in Washington, DC.
Nielsen’s agency has overseen the controversial enforcement of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy towards illegal arrivals in the US, which has seen parents treated as potential criminals and losing custody of their children.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A Trump administration ‘Myth vs. Fact’ sheet on family separation avoids the most important point about the policy
- Trump officials keep contradicting each other trying to explain why they are separating screaming children from their parents at the border
- The Trump administration keeps blaming ‘loopholes’ in immigration law for its family separation policy — here’s what’s really going on