- Amazon is reportedly planning to split its second headquarters, HQ2, between two locations: Long Island City in New York and the Crystal City area of Arlington, Virginia, according to The New York Times.
- Some people are speculating as to whether Amazon will be able to double up on some of the proposed financial incentives if it is split between two headquarters.
- At least one expert says it’s not yet clear what will happen on that front, as the process has largely been conducted in secret.
On Monday, The Wall Street Journal reported that Amazon is planning to split its second headquarters between two locations rather than picking one city.
Almost instantly, people began to speculate on social media whether this news would mean that Amazon will be able to double up on the tax breaks and financial incentives offered by many of the 20 finalists.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- New York’s governor jokes he’ll change his name to ‘Amazon Cuomo’ to win the HQ2 bid hours before a report that New York City will be home to one of the company’s new headquarters
- Amazon reportedly plans to set up 2 different locations for its HQ2 — in New York and Virginia
- Amazon is reportedly planning on crowning 2 HQ2 winners, with 2 new headquarters in separate locations