» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- Amazon is closing in on deals to develop its second headquarters in the Long Island City neighborhood of Queens, New York, and the Crystal City area of Arlington, Virginia, The New York Times reported on Monday evening.
- While state and cities have been fighting to win Amazon’s HQ2, many people are less than pleased with the reported decision.
- Critics say Amazon’s decision to split the headquarters make the drawn-out process seem like a PR stunt.
- Meanwhile, many New Yorkers are unhappy with the idea of Amazon opening HQ2 in the city, despite Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s efforts to win over the company.
Amazon is reportedly finalizing its HQ2 plans. And, people aren’t happy.
After months of deliberations and dramatics — without many official communications from Amazon — the company is finalizing plans to split its second headquarters between two locations: Long Island City, in Queens, New York, and Crystal City, in Arlington, Virginia, The New York Times reported on Monday evening. See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- New York’s governor jokes he’ll change his name to ‘Amazon Cuomo’ to win the HQ2 bid hours before a report that New York City will be home to one of the company’s new headquarters
- Amazon is reportedly planning on crowning 2 HQ2 winners, with 2 new headquarters in separate locations
- Amazon is narrowing down its HQ2 contenders, but there reportedly could be multiple winners