Department of Defense
- President Donald Trump once boasted that his administration was staffed by notable members of the US armed forces.
- Those service members will soon be leaving his administration.
- The latest former Marine Corps general who is voluntarily leaving the administration is Defense Secretary James Mattis.
US Defense Secretary James Mattis’ upcoming departure from the Trump administration was largely expected in the near term, but his official resignation letter on Thursday still shook Washington, DC, and caught defense officials and lawmakers off guard.
The news follows the departures of a series of high-profile military generals in the White House, namely Marines who have served with distinction throughout the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Many of these Marines have now left the Trump White House amid numerous reports of disagreements or criticisms of Trump.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Read Defense Secretary James Mattis’ full resignation letter to Trump
- Trump outright ignored Pentagon, State Department Syria policy in a big win for Putin
- Trump declares victory over ISIS as the US prepares to pull all troops out of Syria